Photos for Wellbeing

Selfies and filters are everywhere these days.
We can take photos easily on our phones and edit and change our view of the world depending on our mood. However, we must not forget the creative element of taking photographs and also the power of using images to express ourselves.
Using photography for well being is a tried and tested method and can be used in different ways. Whether it is making a record of positive days in a photographic gratitude journal, taking images to symbolise something of the way we experience the world or simply collecting images to escape to, photography can be a powerful way to help live a happier life.


For me, I love to take photos in nature.
I suppose I am actually nature obsessed and
love nothing better than being wind blown on
the top of a cliff top or wandering beneath a woodland canopy. I feel like I can breathe when
I am in nature and taking photos allows me
to see and remember, sometimes turning my experiences into other artwork that I can
then display in my home.

So get camera happy!

What can you capture today?

                               Where will you escape to ?

What can you create to feel happy?


For more information on using photography to aid well being :
https://www.imh.com.sg/wellness/page.aspx?id=1243
http://www.spectrovisio.net/pdftiedostot/PhotoEuropeHandbook.pdf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Begins : Unleashing the Hidden Creative

Growth Mindset

Anxiety - what helps?